Saturday, January 16, 2010

Card and Envy


I usually have some paper left over when I make up a card.  I don't like keeping bits and pieces, as it is just more to store somwhere and I know I wouldn't go back and use it anyway (kind of like leftovers in the fridge).  So I got this idea to use it to line my envelope flaps.  It is a good way to use up pieces that are a little larger, and I don't feel wasteful by throwing them away. I made a template from an envelope and I just glue them in along the top edge just below the glue.
This is a really simple card.  The paper is from My Mind's Eye.  I did the "stitching" with a white gel pen, using a template I found at Hobby Lobby.

1 comment:

Kirsteenx said...

Not a Pink fan....but this is really sophisticated!
maybe I'll try something pink soon!
Thanks for the inspiration!