Sunday, May 2, 2010

New Penny Black

I was really excited to receive some stamps from Penny Black to play with.  This has been one of my favorite companies ever since I began to stamp, but I usually had to wait until I was in Michigan to buy them, as they were not readily availble here for a long time. (This was before I discovered shopping online!)  I never dreamed that one day they would send ME stamps!
I started out by stamping this card in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and coloring in my image with alcohol markers.  Then I cut it out with a Nestability Scalloped Oval and layered it on a piece of lavendar cut out with the next largest size oval.  I ran a piece of textured cardstock through my Cuttlebug with the dotted embossing folder and then adhered that to the front of my card.  I took a strip of lighter colored cardstock and used  a small embossing folder to make the design on it.  Then I glued that to the card.  I used pop dots to attach the image and finished the card off with ribbon and pearls.

No comments: