Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Swap Of the Month

I belong to a group of seven stampers who have been doing a monthly swap probably twelve years or so--I bet even longer than that!  We all "met" on a rubber stamping message board on what was called Prodigy (like AOL).  Each month we have a specific theme (could be a word, or color, etc) that we all have to stamp a card or item for.  Last year we actually did an altered book for each of us.  Everyone's book got sent around the country, from one coast to the other, so we could all do pages in it.  I received my completed book back--what a treasure!  Of course, over all these years, we have become more than just stampers with a common interest--we are all friends who share in each other's ups and downs and offer support when needed, along with jokes and lots of laughs.  It has been great and so far, there is no end in sight!

The theme for April was pretty pastel colors, and this is the card I came up with.  I bought this yummy pack of pastel papers by Martha Stewart to do baby cards with.  However, I found it is also great for other cards too!  The image is from PENNY BLACK and has been recently introduced as part of their new slapstick line.  The border punch that I used is also from Martha Stewart (she is well represented in this card!).  The ribbon is from Michaels.  I used alcohol markers to color the image.

1 comment:

Tammylee said...

I just love this card. We certainly have the same taste in stamps.