Followers

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

CR84FN Challenge

So after sleeping with my early birthday card under my pillow all night, (see previous post) I decided I wanted to try a few of the color challenges at  CR84FN.  I have done TONS of online challenges, but I don't remember doing one that involves using specific colors. Especially colors I would probably NEVER think of putting together myself. So this is my first stab at it---a quick card I did last night, along with the color challenge.

I started with the square garnet background.  The I took a square of
chromatica vellum in a color called "Absinthe" and stamped all over it with a couple Stampendous background stamps that I have had forever and still grab when I want a background. I used Versacolor Burgundy and Bamboo pigment inks and clear embossing powder.  The flower is another thing I have had forever, just looking for the right card.  I added a little "bling" in the center and layered it over a doily cut with one of my new Papertrey doily dies.  The border punch is from Martha Stewart. Then I die cut another piece of the garnet paper to stamp by sentiment on. That die, frame and sentiment are from My Favorite Things.  A little bit or garnet ribbon and it was good to go!

5 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

Beverly, LOVE the background you created! Looks FAB! LOVE your PTI doily with that flower and ribbon! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Stephanie Kraft said...

Such a pretty card, Beverly! Your background is wonderful.. Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Beverly! What a fun background you created and that flower is quite pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN :)

Debgem said...

Absolutely love your card! So vibrant. The backing is fabulous with so much shine! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Andrea M said...

What a fabulous card Beverly!!! The background is FABULOUS!!! Your flower is gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN! Hope to see you again next week!