Friday, April 1, 2011

New Technique

I tried a new technique today that I had learned a long time ago but never used.  It is really easy to do.
Take an embossing folder (any brand will do, I used one from Stampin'Up) and on the side that doesn't do the embossing, take an ink pad and go over it well, checking to make sure the ink has covered all the areas that do not emboss.  Then, put your paper in the folder as you would usually do, and run it through your die cut machine.  When I did this one, I found it worked better if I put a little shim on top of the sandwich to make it just a bit tighter.  The first time I tried it, the coverage missed in some of the spots between the embossing.  Doing it over with the shim worked way better.  You can use another piece of paper for the shim, or a piece of acetate or whatever makes it a bit more snug without having to force it through.  You never want to force  it, as it may hurt your machine.  See how it looks, with the background a color and the embossing white?  I used my new Papertrey stamp set and die on this card too.  The flowers are Prisma and I found the beautiful tiny crochet lace at Hobby Lobby.  The sentiment is stamped on a fancy label from Spellbinders.

1 comment:

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE your Prima flowers. Your colors are so wonderful together, Beverly! I will have to give that technique a try! REALLY pretty result!