Friday, May 20, 2011

Fairy Fun Friday

It's time again for another Fairy Fun Friday!  Our theme this time around is "More Than One Fold."  I did a card like this a long time ago, after seeing one while surfing the internet.  It was kinda tricky for me to figure out, but once I did one, it was MUCH simpler the next time.

I used "Gerry's Birthday" which you can find   at Prairie Fairy Designs along with tons of other amazing graphic images.  This set imcludes all three of the graphics I used on this card.  You can use them all, or use just one at a time.
For this card, I used a 4" by 12" piece of card stock.  I used my Martha Stewart Scor Board and scored it at 2", 4", 8" and 10".    Now turn your card over and mark it at 6 inches on both the top and bottom.  Now you will score your card from the 2" score to the bottom mark  Rotate it 180 degrees and do the same thing from the 2" score to the other pencil mark.  This will form the diamond shape in the middle of your card. Your diagonal scores  will be mountain folds and the verticle scores will be valley folds.  By pushing the sides in, the card becomes a four inch square.

5 comments:

Dorte said...

Hi Beverly!
Hope you enjoyed making you wonderful diamond fold card. It came out very pretty.
Have a great weekend.
Dorte,xx

Hannah Clark said...

This is so bright and playful! I love that giraffe!

Kelly said...

Bev, what a great birthday card, I love the little streamers! Have a great weekend!

Bubbles said...

Great card - so cute! Those cards look so darned complicated... I have enough problems folding a piece of paper nicely in half *lol*

Cor* said...

Very unique indeed! looks like a ......I can't think of the name now. Where you pull both sides and candy comes from the middle! lol....SweeT.