Sunday, July 31, 2011

Crafty Pad Designs Challenge

I am in a challenge mood today and  am cranking out the cards with some challenges in mind!  This card is for a challenge at Crafty Pad Designs.  The idea is to use something that is CLEAR.  Great chance to use my new Papertrey friendship jar stamp set and matching jar die.
I die cut a jar shape from one of the Papertrey coasters, and then a second from a piece of acetate. (HINT:  I save the pieces of acetate that come with the stamps sets and use them for my jars).  I stamp the jar image on both, using Staz On Black ink, being extra careful not to smear the one stamped on the acetate.  Then I stamp the berries on white card stock, color and cut out.  I adhere them to the first jar and then put the acetate jar on top, adhering it with a small line of Ranger Glossy Accents around the edge of the image. I use a dimensional adhesive to attach it to the card, adding the single berries at the bottom.

Supplies:
All Stamps--Papertrey Ink
Papers--K and Company
Jar die--Papertrey Ink
Circle punches from Stampin' Up and Marvy
Crochet trim from Hobby Lobby
Ranger Glossy Accents
Tria Markers
Staz On black ink
ATG Double stick tape
Pop Dots dimensional adhesive
Papertrey Coasters
Sharpee Fine Line red marker

5 comments:

Naomi (Sugar Brown) said...

Great idea. The strawberries are lush. Great card :-)

Dawn said...

Great project! Love the strawberries!
Thanks for playing in our Use Something Clear Challenge at The Crafty Pad this week!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

WOW! Great take on our challenge this week @ The Crafty Pad and thank you so much for sharing how you did this! Thanks for playing and I hope to see you again as this is stunningly delicious!

Sandy said...

Fabulous card! The strawberries look good enough to eat.

Sue Lelli said...

GORGEOUS card Beverly! LOVE your tip for using the acetates that come with the packaging! Those berries are YUMMY and that paper you used is just PERFECT! A winner in my book!