Thursday, July 7, 2011

This Was Fun!

I was considering the CR84FN color challenge this week.  The colors are pink, red, and a neutral color of your choice.  I started looking at some papers, stamps, etc to come up with an idea.  THEN it hit me--do something a little different.  Do it digital.  Now, I am not even sure if they allow digital cards in the challenge, so it is understandable if they decide this card won't "do."  AND I have taken a little leave of the traditional bright red and pastel pink that is shown in their example picture, which I am pretty sure is okay, but not positive.
So here goes, sink or swim.  I used a digital kit from Nitwit Creations to make my card.  Mary Frann has some of the cutest stuff on the web IMO.  So without any inking or cutting, and in a matter of less than half an hour, this is what I came up with.
I already love doing digital scrapbook pages and have done a few digital cards before.  I am looking at my stacks of paper, my hundreds of stamps, die cut machines and paper punches, and various embellishments and tools and thinking about all the money I have spent.  Still love all of it the best, but digital is a GREAT way to do things too.

4 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

What a cute card Beverly! Love the birdhouse and all the buttons! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Unknown said...

Sweet card, Beverly! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

Sue Lelli said...

This is DARLING, Beverly! Less than 30 minutes is amazing! Can't wait to see this in person. LOVE the birdhouse and buttons BEST! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Andrea M said...

Lovely digital card Beverly! The birdhouse is too cute! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!