Monday, February 27, 2012

Card Tutorial

Here are a couple cards I did this weekend.  I used some 6" square papers from Jillybean Soup and was able to get 2 cards out of just 2 pieces of paper!  I did a short tutorial to show you how I did it.
First you cut each piece of paper diagonally twice, to give you four pieces from each sheet.
Take two of each print for your card.
Using a plain white piece of card stock, for your base, glue the four pieces to the sheet, joining them at the center.
After you have glued them all the the card stock, trim the excess white.
Then I trimmed 1/4 inch from each side to make a 5 1/2 inch square. Using a Stampin' Up ribbon punch, I punched out two ribbon strips and glued them across the middle of the papers to make an "X." This will cover up your edges where the papers come together. I centered the piece on a six inch square card. Then, using a Spellbinder's scalloped oval die, I cut out a small oval. Leaving the die on the piece, I sponged inside the die with a soft green ink. After removing the die, I poked a hole through each of the scallops. I pop dotted this to the center of the card. Using a Stampin' Up owl punch, I made an owl out of papers that coordinated with the others I used. I pop dotted this to the center of the oval. I finished off the card with a bow and some buttons.

No comments: