Friday, May 24, 2013

Enjoy the Ride

It has been a while since I posted and it has been pretty busy around here.  A new computer with a new operating system that I am not fond of keeps me from doing some of the things I used to do until I have time to learn how this one works.

We have our house on the market and that majorly interferes with life as we know it.  UGH!  I have better things to do than run around with a dust rag and mop 24/7!!!!  Whatever happened to people who could look beyond the little blemishes that make your home "unique" and the realtors who point out the "charm" and perks of your home?  Since the TV decorators have convinced everyone they need to "stage" their home in order to get it sold, and the people who have bought into this theory,real estate has changed in a major way.  Staging has become a business in itself and can add dollars to the cost of selling the family homestead.  And if your charming home isn't "updated" to the nines--FORGET IT.   Lord help the folks who dare to list their home without granite countertops and 12 inch tile!!!!   I will get off my soapbox now. :o)

Got out one of my Sizzix flip card dies last month to do a  project to present to our monthly stamp club.  It was well received, and we had some really awesome cards done by our girls.  For this sample, I used a stamp and die set from Paapertrey Ink.  Gotta love those stamp/die combos that make your images a breeze to do. 
 

These cards are really not hard to do, yet look like you spent hours putting it all together.  You can make them as simple or as intricate as you want too.

1 comment:

Sue Lelli said...

Selling your home is a horrible experience! Especially when you craft and feel like you have to put it all away!

LOVE this flip card! That VW bug is so CUTE and your colors are so fun! Wish I had been there to make it with you!