Friday, April 8, 2011

CR84FN Challenge

This week the CR84FN gals used another gorgeous color combination for their challenge.
Such lovely neutrals with a splash of green!  So much fun to work with.  I decided to do a Mother's Day card, as it is fast approaching.  My new Papertrey tag dies and stamps came in the mail today and I was anxious to use them, so I incorporated them into my card. I used an inked Cuttlebug folder to do the front panel of my card.  This is what I came up with. . .

I want to point out the button I used for the center of my Prima flower.  My grandmother used to often remove the buttons on clothes before she threw them out.  When she died, she left behind a tin full of buttons, some of which go back to the 1930's and maybe even further.  My mother gave me a  bag full and I thought it would be cool to use one on my mom's card!  Here is a close-up of the button. . .
I can see why Grandma kept this one!  An early Happy Mother's Day to all you moms and grandmas.

6 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

What a BEAUTIFUL card, Beverly! LOVE that chocolate prima button and what a memory with the FAB button! LOVE the ink on the embossing and LOVE your tiny tags! And is that a doily I see peeking out??! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Pauline said...

Oh Beverly this is just beautiful, I love the inked cuttlebug border and the gorgeous flower. So gorgeous!

Mona Pendleton said...

Very pretty card Beverly! Love the green doily and the sweet tags! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

rudlis said...

Beautiful card :)

Deborah Frings said...

Such a beautiful card. I do like the flower and the button is lovely. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Andrea M said...

Beverly, this is BEAUTIFUL!! The flower and tags are so gorgeous! Just a wonderful take on the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!!