Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Summer

Well, I guess it is inevitable. . . another hot Texas summer has arrived.  I enjoy "warm,"  I strongly dislike "hot."   Hot and humid is the worst--the air is almost too thick to breathe.  I grew up in Michigan, so "normal" for me in definitely not a thermometer reaching towards the century mark!!!  I am hoping my daughter's new pool will make summer more enjoyable, but sooner or later the pool water won't seem refreshing either, although I do admit when we had a pool summer wasn't quite as bad.  Did you ever notice that the word "summer" is only one letter different from "simmer"?  Quite a coincidence!

In honor of summer here is a card I did with a stamp set I scored on Ebay.

 

 
The set is from Papertrey Ink.   I actually bought it months ago and am just using it for the first time.  I remember the days when I would buy a stamp and run home and use it immediately.   Can you say "too much stuff"?

1 comment:

Sue Lelli said...

So summery and CUTE! LOVE how you added that postcard behind those FAB flowers you scored on eBay!